Monday, January 26, 2009

World Most Evile

This poem came from two inspirations:
Firstly, one of my all time favorite poems by one of my all time favorite poets - "The Hollow Men" by T.S Eliot.
Secondly, a fictional book mentioned in possibly my favorite fictional book of all time - "Secrets of the Darkest Art" in Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows.

“This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.”
World Powers and War
Do not comprise this Earth.
A cry from the Hopeless
Sparks a fight.
An utter from the mouth of Poverty
Reeks havoc.
People of Darkness.
Nations of Sin.
What was created for Perfection
Has not one heart of good to claim.
Treachery, Scandal, Guilt and Shame.
Anger, Rage, Sorrow and Pain.
They creep over the globe like rampant vines,
Eager to choke out the light.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could tell you how jealous I am of your poetry skills. Seriously, I don't think that I even have words to articulate it. So...very nice. lol

    ReplyDelete